Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ordinary Londoners - No 24 In the series



And this is Paul, who works in Hobgoblin Music, and part of the charm of the place. I asked if I could take his portrait - "only if it is in black and white" - my pleasure to oblige. He was making quite a good noise come out of the concertina. Fascinatingly it was invented by Charles Wheatstone, a Victorian inventor more famous to me for the Wheatstone Bridge (an ingenious way to measure electrical resistance). They don't make them like that any more.

The ordinary Londoner series is here.

Labels:

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 1

Comments on "Ordinary Londoners - No 24 In the series"

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (06:41) : 

Just visited your ordinary londoners series, and now you inspired me to make such kind of that-series, the ordinary 'sumedangers'. :D

Great work, sir! *hat off

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile