Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Someday my plinth will come



... on a rocking horse. The fourth plinth in Trafalgar Square is at present occupied by this, Powerless Structures Fig. 101 by Elmgreen and Dragset.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Someday my plinth will come"

 

Blogger RANTWICK said ... (02:02) : 

Top marks for post naming! Statue kind of creeps me out though.

 

Anonymous imajoebob said ... (02:05) : 

I've heard a few comments on this statue, and not one has been positive. The most cutting was that it was dreary and uninspiring. I see why. Is there any worse criticism of art than calling it dull?

 

Blogger Cloudia said ... (03:49) : 

Classic, echoing the grand personages usually 'plinthed'
while playfully post-modern and
celebratory of the average person/child.
Says quite a lot- easy to see
why it appealed to the choosers.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile