Thursday, May 17, 2012

Put Out More Flags!



London is getting ready for the Queen's Jubilee celebration, and Oxford Street and Regent Street are resplendent in their rows of the Union flag. The title alludes to Evelyn Waugh's novel of the same name, which I would sincerely recommend anyone that hasn't read it to do so, it is very funny.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 5

Comments on "Put Out More Flags!"

 

Blogger Paris London Ailleurs said ... (06:15) : 

looks like party is in the air ! :-)

 

Blogger Chrissy Brand said ... (14:48) : 

I wonder who is paying for all this jubilee nonsense?

 

Anonymous CornishCockney said ... (17:37) : 

I arrive back in London from too many years in the states for good on June 3rd! I can't wait!

Never mind jet-lag I'm off to see the flotilla that same afternoon! Ceremonies and celebrations are what London does the best!!

 

Blogger Julie said ... (19:19) : 

I read over here that it was NOT the taxpayer footing the entire bill, but each of the events had been sponsored. Personally, I think I would prefer to have it totally paid by the taxpayer. Although, a Tescos logo in the corner of each flag might go down a treat!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (07:40) : 

I don't know how these so called 'royals' are even allowed to associate themselves with our flag. They should stick to what they do best, abusing animals and taking money from those who need/deserve it. disgusting inbreeds.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile