Monday, June 04, 2012

Stratford Past & Present - Seat of Learning




I thought I'd have a wander through Stratford and the surrounding area and see some of the old, the new and how it has changed. This building is now part of the University of East London, started life in 1892 as "West Ham Technical Institute".
The institute was to be a “people’s university” in the words of John Passmore Edwards, speaking at the building’s opening ceremony. The college provided courses in science, engineering and art and also established its own internal degree courses in science and engineering, which were ratified by the University of London. In addition, it had a Women's Department.

If you were expecting Jubilee photos, I apologise - I managed to book a holiday away before realising quite when. In the meantime, photos continue in my absence if Blogger behaves.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Stratford Past & Present - Seat of Learning"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile