Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Olympic Crowds



"Build a better stadium and the world will beat a path to your door" - that certainly seems to be what has happened here. When Ken Livingstone put the funding into London to bid, many said it would never happen. When we won the bid, over 50% of people thought it would be a disaster. Eat your words now, and I hope it gives you stomach ache. You won't find many these days prepared to remember how negative they were. Head over to Diamond Geezer, another (very) long term Olympic supporter for some excellent coverage.

...and yes, I was right, it is awesome.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Olympic Crowds"

 

Anonymous imajoebob said ... (04:10) : 

And Boris can't even make a successful journey down a zip line.

 

Blogger Chrissy Brand said ... (16:22) : 

I must admit I enjoyed my visits there last week!

 

Anonymous quality website design said ... (03:03) : 

Haven't visited London for the Olympics. I missed everything. Especially meeting new friends, watching the competition and of course taking pictures.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile