Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Olympic Hydra



This fiery sculpture in the middle of Hyde Park reminds me of nothing more than a Medusa head, I'm afraid, but it is quite jolly.

I'm off on hols again, in between these games and the Paralympics, see you all soon. Posts should continue daily.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Olympic Hydra"

 

Blogger Speedway said ... (04:49) : 

It's one of the blown glass "chandeliers" by Dale Chihuly.

 

Anonymous imajoebob said ... (05:08) : 

Knew it had to be a Chihuly. It's titled "Torchlight Chandelier." He's gotten a bit repetitive, but seeing them in-person is still breathtaking. Personally, I prefer the one in the Tate, but I'll bet the sunshine adds a new dimension.

 

Anonymous London inventory reports said ... (07:53) : 

It reminds of Medusa too. Not a very good association :)

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile